- A push your luck, set collection card game for 2-5 players
- Complete sets of identical bulbs in order to make the most beautiful garland and earn the most points
- Reveal up to 5 cards in the shop to take, but risk not taking anything if 2 of the same colour cards are revealed
- More cards can be taken if the shop has it's max 5 card limit, but any sets of 3 are immediately scored
- Beautiful artwork and high quality components
Push your luck with Fairy Lights to collect as many points as possible!
To play, shuffle the deck and place it face down. Cards in the deck show 1 or 2 bulbs in one of five colors, and each card is worth 0-2 points. At the start of your turn, see how many cards are in the "shop", the central area of play:
- If the shop has 5 cards, you can only take cards on your turn.
- If the shop has 1-4 cards, you may draw from the deck.
- If the shop has 0 cards, you must draw.
When you draw, place the revealed card at the end of the shop line. If it's the same color as the last card in the shop, your turn ends immediately. Otherwise, if the shop doesn't contain five cards, you can choose to draw again, or you can end your turn and take cards. If five cards are now in the shop, you must take cards.
When you take cards, if 1-4 cards are in the shop, take all cards of a single color from the shop and add them to your collection; if five cards are in the shop, take all cards of two colors from the shop instead. If the number of bulbs in a color in your collection is now a multiple of three (3, 6, 9, 12), score those cards, placing them face down in a corner of your playing area. If you have 1-2 bulbs of a color, leave those cards where they are. If you have four or more bulbs of a color and didn't score them, discard all bulbs of that color. The next player then takes their turn.
When the final card is revealed from the deck, the active player finishes their turn, then the game ends. Add the points on your scored cards, then subtract the points showing on all cards that remain in your playing area. Whoever ends up with the most points wins!